by Martin Scorsese

"Have conviction of how the muse strikes you. And go there."
Martin Scorsese

Friday, July 12, 2013

Washes, Softenings, and 30

So before leaving the easel yesterday I did a wash  over the foreground grass.  I like the background trees now and softening the line between the middle grasses and the trees is my next decision.  The path is meant to curve to the foreground however it kind of crosses the whole painting so I may make that a little more obvious too.

Breathing easier today, and going to begin some smaller works like some of my painter friends are doing.  There is a show of art entitled "30 days and 30 paintings" or something like that and that sounds like a good challenge for me.

Dropping "Folsom Lake Trees" at Blue Line Gallery tomorrow for the membership show coming up.  Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment