by Martin Scorsese

"Have conviction of how the muse strikes you. And go there."
Martin Scorsese

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Pink Chick

Day 2


Here's "Pink Chick," second painting in the series although it may be a duck.  I'm still with the embroidery thread, I just like adding it to the canvas: cutting, wrapping, tying it in a knot, glueing and then waiting for it to dry.  While the thread was drying, the bird poked its head at me and the why is a mystery though I do love the birds.  I have lotsa hummingbirds in my yard going from flower to flower and some tiny finches that go for a bath in the afternoons.  I talk to them but only so they don't get jealous of my plants.

Our morning bike ride got me breathing early today so no holding my breath on Wednesday, yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment