by Martin Scorsese

"Have conviction of how the muse strikes you. And go there."
Martin Scorsese

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Kondos, Breathing and Peawee

Getting ready to do a demonstration at Sutter Creek Gallery.  Yay!  So am deciding which paints to take, did a preliminary sketch with acrylics, and gotta dress cool since it will be warm.


Here's my sketch.  I did it the Kondos way outlining to make it easy.  We'll see how I do in the public and everything.

I also completed my small 4x4" this morning and it's kind of the same scene only on a smaller scale:

I see now that the paint has dried, my lighter values in the background have darkened.  Also there might be too much pink in this piece as it's going in the yellow part of the big guy.  I'll work on it later as right now am off to other adventures.

In Peawee, off on my own with the wind in my hair and radio blasting...I really breathe easy.  Good therapy this breathing thing.

1 comment: