by Martin Scorsese

"Have conviction of how the muse strikes you. And go there."
Martin Scorsese

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Empowered, Feelin' Good and Calmly Breathing


So!  Feeling so empowered this morning after Anje's and my reception yesterday at Sutter Creek Gallery.  We were not the featured artists however it was our first full month hanging in the gallery and we sent out postcards telling our friends, prior buyers and family about our new adventure.  It was so much fun working the gallery, being with artist friends, and cohorts that are creating and putting themselves out there as we are doing.

A funny thing happened on the way to the gallery...Friday, I got an email informing me that they had sold a painting of mine that day.  The painting is "Complements" and I was flabbergasted and so excited hearing that news.  It's complementary colors blue and orange, 90%blues/greens cools, 10% a very warm orange.   Then I had the wonderful day at the gallery yesterday.  Returning home last night I find a check in the mailbox from the gallery.  I was confused because how could they get money to me already when they had just sold my painting the day before?  Wow, how efficient is that!   Looking more closely at the check I discover that in June they had sold another small landscape that I had hung there, so this is a check for that and I have another check coming at the end of July!  Whoa and Yay!!!!!

Above is an image of a different view of the same area that was sold in June that I have been working on it for the last week or so.  It's larger than the one sold and I'm liking the colors and composition and so is the Universe saying carry on?  Carry on...Dearie, carry on and breathe, relax, be calm and carry on...that's what I hear. Wow and another whoa!  I am listening "U", I am listening.

Maybe now that I sold two paintings in two consecutive months Jack will let me convert the living room to my studio!  Oh...prolly not!  I can dream though as long as I keep painting and breathing, painting and breathing, 1, 2, 3, breathe, 1,2,3, breathe...

4 comments: