by Martin Scorsese

"Have conviction of how the muse strikes you. And go there."
Martin Scorsese

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Forever, Remember, Breathe

Day 5



I worked on the darker piece in the right, lower corner this morning.  It's a 5x5 canvas.   I'm trying to create some darker contrasts within the piece while still keeping my initial color palette in order to keep the viewer's eye interested.  I'm doing some stamping around the whole edge of the circle.  The stamp is one I made in a class with my No. 1 mentor way back when.  I still love it and what it represents to me.  

This latest small painting is entitled "Forever" because that's what it says to me.  Forever is how we love; the relationship might end, however we will love that person forever.  Memories, past circumstances and choices are with us forever.  Even pain that we have suffered is with us forever; hopefully we use that memory of pain to help with future circumstances, choices, and loves.  Smells and sounds are forever.  A certain fragrance or song can evoke the same emotional feeling forever. 

Oh gosh, I'm holding my breath again.  And when I do that then my back aches, so gotta forever remember to breathe...1,2.3, forever remember...breathe...lol. 


No comments:

Post a Comment