by Martin Scorsese

"Have conviction of how the muse strikes you. And go there."
Martin Scorsese

Monday, July 22, 2013

Abstract Artful Fantasies

 So began this little didee last week.  I was going to chuck it and do something else when my daughter in law came into my workroom and said she liked the beginning and to keep going.  I'm a sucker for a complement so I did some work on it this morning.  It's mandala style but out of 30 small canvases.  The idea is to work on one of these canvases making each one able to stand on its own and then when one puts it together of course it's a multiple piece meditation painting after 30 days.

The picture of popsicles out of a magazine on the right is  my color palette.  I like the lightness of it, the sunshinyness of it.  My image here is not quite true since I took the photo inside but I just don't have the energy to take the 30 canvasses outside, rearrange them for the photo and then bring them back in again.  Maybe when the sun moves further into the West, our outside table will be available for me to take another shot.

K, onward and into my artful fantasies....lol

No comments:

Post a Comment