by Martin Scorsese

"Have conviction of how the muse strikes you. And go there."
Martin Scorsese

Friday, July 26, 2013

Day 4

On my way through my email this mornin' caught a youtube video of a painter, Tibor Nagy, and his work with oil.  It's a doorway...a portal really to well we can only imagine where.  I imagine a solemn place; a warm environment with nature around me moving, growing, creating the air I breathe, the colors that I see, the wondrous smells of moisture, dirt, and alive things.  That's today.  Yesterday I entered a portal through which I enjoyed the company of a young man, a very gentle young man who I laughed with, exchanged ideas with, and just snuggled in his warm environment (only in my head because Oldest Grandson wouldn't think it was cool to snuggle with Nana).

So in my head today is portals.  Portals in which we travel consciously and unconsciously, in our dreams and in our daily tasks.  One moment I am entering our portal into the garage to complete laundry and the next I am imagining a portal into which I am with my big, burly, so soft Chuey...a story for another time.

For now here's my Day 4 painting..."Portal"

No comments:

Post a Comment