by Martin Scorsese

"Have conviction of how the muse strikes you. And go there."
Martin Scorsese

Thursday, September 3, 2015

Saguaro Memory

We were off this morning early, lots of plans and some goals to accomplish on this sunny Thursday morning.  Before leaving the house though, I arose at about 5:30 am or thereabouts.  After coffee, discussion with my husband at the breakfast table about the day ahead, along about 7am I enter my studio.

Utilizing an 11x14" canvas board that seems sturdy and strong for today's painting, the 3rd in my commitment to accomplish 30, I am loving a small amount of violet mixed with lots of white for an underpainting of pigment and gesso.  As I'm spreading this all over my canvas my husband saunters into the room to further discuss the plan for the day.  I simply ask, what should I paint today totally planning to ignore whatever he says because he probably will not have 1 idea for me that is appealing.  He says you know I would love a painting of a Saguaro.

At that, I decide to go with his suggestion.



Yes, so this is Saguaro Memory and it is a memory of when my husband introduced me to Phoenix and his love of the Saguaro cactus, Camelback Mountain and his childhood there in Phoenix.

No comments:

Post a Comment