by Martin Scorsese

"Have conviction of how the muse strikes you. And go there."
Martin Scorsese

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

"Oh, That Guy!"

So I am placing a painting I did around September 1st, on Leslie's 30 days blog as my Day 14 contribution.  I really didn't care for it, an abstract, until my daughter told me how much she likes it.  This morning I saw it through her eyes and with fresh perspective since it is 6am, really am getting it.  I like all the colors, the circle, the nails and that guy/girl.


It's mixed media on wood, 10x10.  This is wood I had left over from another challenge which didn't work out.  I tried to do a 3-dimensional something and nailing the thing together just couldn't be done, by me anyway, thus the two nails kind of imbedded in the wood right side.

This is hanging in the hallway on my drying rack.  When my eye is drawn to this piece, my brain says to me "Oh, that guy!"...so it will forever be called that.  There's a box totally in the center of this thing and the design might be better with it gone but no.

No comments:

Post a Comment