by Martin Scorsese

"Have conviction of how the muse strikes you. And go there."
Martin Scorsese

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Following Daydreams

Dream

Yesterday during a facial, I morphed into a state of totally being into my mind.  I was laying on a cloud, perfect temperature in the room which was filled with a moist and fresh fragrance my body being smoothed with human touch.  I cajoled myself into seeing color leaving form up to my subconscious without demand in my heart only a wish, a plea.  The Universe chose to allow it.

This painting doesn't even begin to be what I saw.

There was a foggy mist moving slowly from the left and the color was the most wonderful gray I have ever felt.  From the right top a kind of thunderbolt in the most cool shade of blue slowly came down and began to widen with green coming into the left of it as it is above.

I enjoyed the feeling of color in my subconscious as it was happening; as the feeling moved into my consciousness it would fade to black.  I was able to go to this place a few times.

My painting "Dream" is a first attempt at portraying what I saw.  It is not nearly as colorful, as warm, as meaningful as the experience.  BUT it's a first attempt.


2 comments: