by Martin Scorsese

"Have conviction of how the muse strikes you. And go there."
Martin Scorsese

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

30 Paintings in 30 Days


Recently I took an online class with an artist I admire greatly, Leslie Saeta.  She paints totally with a palette knife and uses big blobs of juicy paint.  I also subscribe to her blog and it appears for a number of years she has led a large group of painters in this challenge of doing a painting every day in the month of September.

A couple of my FB friends have done it, and are doing it this year.  While I am not very good at commitment, I decided to join my friends.  It's fun to share something that one has accomplished, and I love talking art.

I began this small 5x7" canvas this morning with the thought of a "C" composition.  Why C?  I dunno, I like them and it's a popular letter.  I used acrylics, gesso, collage materials and some inks.  Leslie will notice I am using some of her techniques which I just learned last month.   Elma, my ongoing mentor and teacher, will notice my struggle with abstract and her influence also.

Now my head is beginning to plan tomorrow's painting.  I love this, yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment