by Martin Scorsese

"Have conviction of how the muse strikes you. And go there."
Martin Scorsese

Sunday, September 6, 2015

Platter of Fish

So!  Been checking up on Leslie's blog to make sure all my paintings were uploaded to find nothing from Bobbie Powell for Days 2 and 3.  What the heck?  I will confess I knew I was one painting behind but thought I could still catch up.  What I didn't know is that my second painting never got on her blog at all and now it's too late!

I completed "Platter of Fish" today, Day 6, and this piece came about because I know about an open call for the Salmon Celebration in our area of Northern California.   There is to be art at the celebration to focus on the importance of our keeping the Auburn Ravine clean and healthy.  I may do a still life painting and enter it in the show, now that I know how to paint fish that is.


No comments:

Post a Comment