by Martin Scorsese

"Have conviction of how the muse strikes you. And go there."
Martin Scorsese

Monday, September 21, 2015

And Sketching Day 20 I Think

All I could muster over the weekend were a few sketches of the beach in Ventura.  We sat for hours watching the grandkids and their parents enjoy the surf.  Luckily I threw my sketching stuff into my bag.  I haven't done a lot of watercolor painting, practically none; however it really feels good to get a soppy brush into those pigments and kind of slosh them on the page.

So for explanation of what it is I drew:  background is outline of the Channel Islands and then the darker ocean seemed to be out there in more of a green than the blue I used but ok, the middle part is the ocean and little movements (still trying to do a green that was the color of the water that day), the darker burnt orangish is where the surf came in and receded leaving a warmer sand color and the foreground is the sand.  Right?  Lol, ok so it is about the process...not the outcome.

Loved our day in the sun and sand and sketching.

1 comment: