by Martin Scorsese

"Have conviction of how the muse strikes you. And go there."
Martin Scorsese

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Painting of Rocklin for Jen


This is today's entry in the 30 days painting challenge.  Last week, Tina asked me to do a painting for her friend at work.  Jennifer had taken a picture in which she fell in love...so yes, I can do my interpretation of the scene and I have done so.  I began it yesterday, finished up today.

 I actually liked the background all alone before placing the in the tree, so I took a picture for here.




I always feel like if I don't work on a painting for weeks sometimes months, it could not possibly be good.  That is I get to a point fairly early in my process when I am happy with the work.  However it's too quick for me and I continue to a point of being overworked.

Maybe there's a lesson here...a good painting (one that I, the artist, considers good) happens when it happens.  Let the Universe decide!  Wow...lol


No comments:

Post a Comment