by Martin Scorsese

"Have conviction of how the muse strikes you. And go there."
Martin Scorsese

Monday, September 28, 2015

Diggin' These!

My latest creations:



The Blues






Once again an abstract in the style of Leslie Saeta.  I absolutely love her work with the palette knife and this composition is one she is using for a whole series of paintings.  This is one of my attempts that I began in August.  I came back to the piece after some horrific family news which I think persuaded the bluesy-ness in the work.






Love Circle






Love Circle began on a fresh, new canvas with a layers of different blue-greens, some images of words and designs that I like. My decision was that the composition would be a vertical in a horizontal.

After maybe 6 layers of work, my composition was one of scattered colors, scattered collage, scattered texture.  To emplasize the vertical I did a crazy ziggidy zag of bright red/orange pigment at which point I really began to dig this painting ("dig" because my bohemian muse had totally taken over).

Slept on it, got in my studio today and did some finishing touches...voila!  Diggin' it totally, my insight on the love circle that family can be!

No comments:

Post a Comment