by Martin Scorsese

"Have conviction of how the muse strikes you. And go there."
Martin Scorsese

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Stillness

So...been working on family issues lately and not really able to work BUT today have tucked myself behind a closed door in my happy place.  My music is playing and comfortably, in my $39.99 Ikea chair, am in my muse state just believing in the beautiful and the real, feeling the love that I receive from the process of art and hoping that I am able to share that emotion.

I have finished "Stillness," and signed it:


It's hanging in the kitchen so that I can take it in each morning to perhaps touch it up here and there as I see fit.  It's got a nice sheen in the last layers since I used a special glazing medium that really enhanced the pigment an kind of sealed the paint to the canvas.  I notice there's a lot of yellow in the upper half, left side however I think the paint caught the flash of the camera there and it is not so light, however that is something I will be resolving today.

So onto a new canvas which already has about 22 layers of paint onto which I just added another creating a neutral background, next step is sketching and then the magical creating brain takes over.  That's when I breathe, 1-2-3, breathe, 1-2-3, breathe...lol.

Here she is after adding a couple of brushstrokes this morning.



No comments:

Post a Comment