by Martin Scorsese

"Have conviction of how the muse strikes you. And go there."
Martin Scorsese

Friday, February 22, 2013

More Layers on Poppies

So I have been working layer by layer on American River Poppies and this is where I am now:


This is a large piece on a canvas that is 36x36" and so the poppies are humongous and I like, I like very much.  At this point, I am going in with some darker green for the middle of the plant where the sun does not hit, also going to make a few shorter stems with the spikey ends some dark and some lighter green.  I also think I need some specific green lines in the lighter background as in the photo there is something that color and pink growing which is lightening it up along with the sun hitting.  At that point I will be ready to go back over the poppies with a couple more layers for value.

Ok, so to work I go with a paint brush in my hand, one in my teeth and a song in my heart, a smile on my mouth...and in between I am breathing, breathing deeply, 1, 2, 3, breathing deeply, 1, 2, 3...


No comments:

Post a Comment