by Martin Scorsese

"Have conviction of how the muse strikes you. And go there."
Martin Scorsese

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

American River Parkway, Part 3


I am happy with and have signed "American River Parkway."  The image here doesn't do the actual original painting justice in my humble opinion.  It's a different size canvas and the colors are actually very vibrant so that if it is hung in kind of a high far away place, the trees will show as trees, sky as sky, ground as ground.  As the original photo was Oaks, the trees are on the whimsical side which I like here but gosh I hope not cartoonish.  It is kind of a feel good painting though and I'm good with that.

Breathing pretty easily today, the incense is refreshing and the air crisp.

4 comments:

  1. OH Bobbie!
    I just LOVE this painting! It's perfect...doesn't say too much just enough.....wow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ellen. I appreciate so much your comment. I'm going to take it with me to Ironstone Vineyards. Hey, my husband Jack wants to know if you were at one time married to his friend Dan Henke. If so, he knows you from years past. Small world???

      Delete
  2. Dianna Dominic WrightFebruary 20, 2013 at 7:05 PM

    I love it. Great color choices!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Uncle Jack likes the mellow colors too. It's a relaxing color palette. Thank you Dianna. I appreciate your comments.

      Delete