by Martin Scorsese

"Have conviction of how the muse strikes you. And go there."
Martin Scorsese

Monday, February 25, 2013

"Poppies, poppies will make them sleep."

So here's "American River Poppies" now.  I enhanced the darks, the flowers and placed the buds on the stems.  I wish my critique group could help with this because I'm at a loss for what comes next.  Maybe I should just stop for a while and set it aside.

It'll hang at the Sun City Roseville art show on March 23rd and 24th, and then I plan on entering it in the American River Parkway show at the Sacramento Art Center in April.

Ok, so I am hanging this in the living room for a while to determine if I need to tweek it at all before the SCR art show.  That gives me some time to work on my portfolio and postcards for the Ironstone Show this upcoming weekend.  I love these busy times immersed in music and art with my door closed and incense burning.  I just wish I could smoke...not really, lol, breathing is better.

No comments:

Post a Comment