by Martin Scorsese

"Have conviction of how the muse strikes you. And go there."
Martin Scorsese

Sunday, February 10, 2013

An American River Parkway View


So  I  began anew yesterday with this scene on The American River Parkway.  The photo was taken capturing the rainbow that had appeared, however my painting is focusing on the trees and the colors within myself since the original scene is oak trees and very gray green, not the blue greens that I have used.  I didn't even bother to include the rainbow-- too whimsical I think.  The blue under the trees is not water, it's the beginnings of the cast shadows of the trees.  There's a too much red in the blue sky so I will be going back and changing that though I do want to leave a thin pinkish line at the horizon.

An artist friend has invited me to enter a show that he's put together for the Sacramento Fine Arts Center entitled PAINTING WHERE THE WILD THINGS ARE.  It will be work depicting Artwork of the American River Parkway and its Wild Things, so I am busy creating.  I can enter up to 3 pieces to be juried into the exhibition which will be shown at the Sac Fine Arts Center, then transferred to the Effie Yeaw Nature Center for showing.

Busy, busy, busy and my muse is sooo happy, happy, happy which leads me to breathing deep, rich, full breaths of delicious air.

No comments:

Post a Comment