by Martin Scorsese

"Have conviction of how the muse strikes you. And go there."
Martin Scorsese

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Now Onto Authenticity

Finished piece.  I am taking this to my critique group on Monday to get their comments and suggestions.  But I really am happy with the piece as is, it's very warm and meaningful to me with a strong presence especially on the wrap around canvas that I have painted all the way around.

I have a new emotion to sing about and it is aging gracefully while still enjoying my own being me without narrative, without apology.  So what does that painting look like?  Not triangles, no sireeeeeee...more of an organic feel with possibly a face or a human form???  How can a painter put down on a piece of paper the feelings of happiness, a life sort of fulfilled while still conveying she has more to say and more life to live for further fulfillment?  Dunno...gotta get into that most authentic place without my inner ego speaking.  Oh and One must breathe for this to even begin to happen, so here I go.

So now it's August 15th, and I remember the story behind this piece (about Mrs. Potter?) so the I am naming the painting Potter's Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment