by Martin Scorsese

"Have conviction of how the muse strikes you. And go there."
Martin Scorsese

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Black Vase Finally Finished

This is a fun painting I have been working on off and on for a couple years.  It just never came together for me til now, the whole painting is mostly warm with a tiny bit of cool, even the white is warm.  Anyhoo got a good deal on a frame at Noel's so it's ready to hang.  It's had a title of "Black Vase" for a while, even though I've changed so many things about it over time.

I'm off to the art room to deliver "Black Vase", "Flower Flurry" and "Garden Scene".  They are going to be shown at our own Timber Creek Gallery for this month.  I have sold off of our wall, so it's a possibility and also the most popular painting is also published in our newsletter, Courier and that's fun.

Then I'm back in my work space to do some finishing up on the two acrylics on paper that I am going to convert to wraparound canvas pieces.  Busy, busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment