by Martin Scorsese

"Have conviction of how the muse strikes you. And go there."
Martin Scorsese

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Making Memories into Art

Here's the next step of my painting which I am calling Triangles for now.  I glued the watercolor paper first draft to a wrap-around canvas making it bigger and now it is framed around to the back though I haven't painted the sides yet.  I am working towards 90% warm, 10% cool and desiring the three blue-green shapes to be 3 different sizes.  I am going to do some kind of edging to the front of this I think, maybe some stamping in a warm though, not to get caught up in contrasts which will be counterproductive to my 90/10% goal.

So I am in my art room listening to faboolass music, creating this piece and thinking about Mrs. Potter and how she was so beloved in the community and so misunderstood by me or so misunderstood by the community and found to be so superficial by me.  I give me the credit really...so am content to make art with this memory.


No comments:

Post a Comment