by Martin Scorsese

"Have conviction of how the muse strikes you. And go there."
Martin Scorsese

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Being Grateful and Turning Off

Look where Jack and I went last week.  This is around Muir Park, Stinson Beach area.  We traveled from there all the way North on Hwy 1 to Bodega Bay.  Gosh we live in a beautiful part of the world, the most beautiful in my opinion and what a wonerful day we had.  We had clam chowder and salad in Stinson, then had steamed clams and tilapia in Bodega Bay.  We listed to music for a while but mostly talked and enjoyed the view sharing the task of driving.  I brought back an abalone shell that I purchased in Stinson for about $9.  We picked these up for free in Baja when I was a child...how things change.

I don't think I got any good photos for a painting but am onto my feelings of rejection today.  Gonna get out a canvas or piece of paper and just go with that which is in my heart...turning off that voice in my head that points out all the awful things about losing people in One's life, and remembering all that I am so grateful for:  my husband, Stinson, clams, mulles frites, my daughters, tra la, tra la...

No comments:

Post a Comment