by Martin Scorsese

"Have conviction of how the muse strikes you. And go there."
Martin Scorsese

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Expressions of 2012 and Mrs. Potter

Here's my dragon.  It's a triptych, that is a 3 piece painting (3 10x10" canvases) and they are hung together.  He may have a face that's too nice so I may be going back to do something about that.  I like his big wing that goes off the top of the canvas and he colors are marvelous.

This is the year of the dragon (2012) as just everybody knows so this is my celebration of the fierce person that is born now, and in every 12 years.  These people are charismatic, gifted and the problem solvers.

I am also working on another of the abstracts that I began about a week ago.  This one:
It kinda looks like a Japanese kimono, or trees or three triangles but the composition is a cruciform sort of and I actually like the colors.  It's a proving piece to me, in that it reminds me of a kindergarten coloring I did.  Whatever the teacher had mimeographed on the page was suppose to be green and this was around Easter time, however I didn't listen to what it was suppose to be and when I got my page I just picked out a color and that color was orange.  Well, Mrs. Potter, tore me a new one over that mistake and so I took the piece back and colored over the orange with my green crayon.  To this day, orange and green together mixed are not my favorites--BUT I am proving myself wrong with this piece.

I have glued the 30x22" watercolor paper to a canvas and I am embellishing the design I have begun and we'll see with what I end up...should I call it Mrs. Potter??? Breathe Bobbie, breathe, smile...breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment