by Martin Scorsese

"Have conviction of how the muse strikes you. And go there."
Martin Scorsese

Monday, January 7, 2013

New Sounds, Scenes, Emotions


Everyday a new sketch, and here's today's of the candy cane jar on the kitchen table.  Didn't quite get the whole jar on the page, but one gets the idea.

New sounds, smells and new everything at our house lately.  Kids are visiting, so am having fun photographing some scenes for possible future paintings.  I don't know that I'll actually do realistic paintings of grandkids; however their attitudes, smiles, everyday schedules inspire some emotions that possibly I can get down on paper or canvas.  One of my mentors is very good at painting her emotions and though I think I get my emotions out there, I don't believe I have ever done a painting of pure emotion the way that she does.  That's what I love about art though, the fact that no matter how long one does it or how good one gets-- there's always more to learn, feel, see, hear, and taste with art.

Most of all, one can breathe in art and forever there is more to breathe in..breathe, and breathe...

No comments:

Post a Comment