by Martin Scorsese

"Have conviction of how the muse strikes you. And go there."
Martin Scorsese

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Hwy 99 and Trees

Jack and I travel South on Highway 99 a couple times a year to visit kids and friends.  For years we would take I5, the most boring trip EVER!  Now whenever I can get my way we travel down Hwy. 99--oh so much more to see and do.  I catch glimpses of stories, the human condition stories, as we travel.  For instance, a small farm-like home with horses and chickens brings into my head a family holding onto a simpler life from another time.

I feel such a kinship with trees.  This might have started with the Wizard of Oz.  Remember the trees and how they were just grumpy butts?

Anyhoo, on Hwy. 99 there are bunches of trees...lots of eucalyptus, some maples, pines, palms, and these:


And so here's my first layer rendering of highway trees.  I may need to do rocks and/or water in the foreground as the trees seem to be floating right now.  I also will come back with shapes of the bunches of leaves in the trees for a more absolute rendering.  Right now I like the softer edges and the little bit of warm with the abundance of cool.

Ok, so Jack and I are off on an overnight.  No worries we have house-sitters here.  I've got my sketch pad, my ipad and my camera.  Woohoo!!!!  AND I'll be breathing at the ocean, yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment