by Martin Scorsese

"Have conviction of how the muse strikes you. And go there."
Martin Scorsese

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Immense and Powerful

So got  away for a couple of nights with Jack.  Somehow the immense and powerful ocean is for me a refresh button.  I can breathe easily and deeply just letting it be...letting life be.

We walked down this path and found a view so spectacular I actually had to scream to let the Universe know that I appreciate her/it/them so much!


After a day to reset after being away, I was able to work on some art this morning.

I think this painting is done.  I settled the trees down on the ground and decided on some indications of shadows on the water.  Okay so now that I see the image, I notice the flat line behind the trees at the ground and so will go back and give the viewer some differences in the distant background.  And that just makes me remember that even when One thinks a painting is finished-- it's not always the case.  I also notice the white that is right in the middle of the tree on the far right doesn't go with the rest of the background behind it and so I need to resolve that.

Decisions, decisions...well, not so earth shattering as long as I remember the wild and wonderful ocean that frees me, and inspires me to... breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment