by Martin Scorsese

"Have conviction of how the muse strikes you. And go there."
Martin Scorsese

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Summer Yosemite View

Here's Yosemite View which I did this past Summer.  Next is the painting revised yesterday.
So, I've changed the color and the composition.  I like the composition so much more .  And I think it got to cooler colors because I was referencing some Kondos paintings as I was re-doing this piece.  I'm leaving it alone for a while to determine how I feel about it as time passes.  I may want to go back in and fiddle with the color some more, maybe not.  For now, it's still a "Yosemite View" just in another season.  The original photo that I did from life was taken in the Fall,  and the new edition could be more of a summertime view.  

No comments:

Post a Comment