by Martin Scorsese

"Have conviction of how the muse strikes you. And go there."
Martin Scorsese

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Grateful?

Oh my goodness how the time flies.  Here it is already November 20th, Thanksgiving on Thursday, my 63rd.

Worked a bit on Fresh and Easy, and am thinking it is done...maybe.   The flower in the front still bugs me.
I am desiring my perspective be from a distance and not so in the face.  My composition is based on how the photo was shot (except for the colors) instead of varying it so that it makes sense in the painting.  I do not as a painter wish to be so loyal to the photo.  I already have the photo, what I am creating now is the story of flowers in the garden.

So I'm grateful, I am grateful for so many things.  But truthfully, right now I am just mad at this painting and how it could have been so much better and am really not in a happily grateful state of mind.

Well, it's late and I need sleep.  I'll be grateful tomorrow when I am thinking of a better name of this piece.  What was I thinkin' with Fresh and Easy???

No comments:

Post a Comment