by Martin Scorsese

"Have conviction of how the muse strikes you. And go there."
Martin Scorsese

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Names and Creativity

So yesterday was such an uncreative day for me.  I posted in this journal hoping to get myself into the "work" mode with my kitty abstract that is now Stupid Cool Squares.  I studied it for a long time to no avail, so pulled out Complementary Flowers and Fresh & Free to just add a couple touches that I have been meaning to do.  So maybe they're completely done now, anyway I'm hanging them in the house and am considering them done...well, maybe, smiling.  

 Fresh & Free
Complementary Flowers

I really don't like the names of these paintings, so am thinking "Warmly Fresh" and "Cooling Complements"...or more spiritual names like "Trending Warm" and "Calming Cool"...yeah, maybe the last two.  

So finished these yesterday and "Trending Warm" hangs in the living room frameless but needs a frame as it is not a wrap around canvas.  I am finding a place for "Calming Cool" today which means I must rearrange and dislodge some that are hanging now which is good because there are a few that need to come down and go away.

Today, creativity lives!  Jack and I took a long bike ride yesterday and discovered a whole new bike trail accessible to us.  We were gone for a couple hours and so I slept really well and I'm back.  Listening to CSN&Y about life, nature and the whales and "looking for me."  That's a good name for a painting I think.


No comments:

Post a Comment