by Martin Scorsese

"Have conviction of how the muse strikes you. And go there."
Martin Scorsese

Monday, November 12, 2012

Critique

Working on Yosemite View II in hopes of taking it to my critique group today.  We are traveling to Nevada City to El's new digs for our get together.  I am taking a couple of portraits I did in the Siegel workshop, and the two landscapes from the Kondos workshop.  Since I don't really have anything of my own ready, I am up at 5:30 to transform the Yosemite painting to a place where I am okay with taking it.

Here are the two portraits which I did in September:

Don
Richard

I don't think the two look alike and I can see the two guys that I did; however portraiture is very difficult and from my eye they look like I rendered them accurately...maybe not from somebody else's view.  I'll see what my critique-ers say today.  My passion is not portraiture, however doing the work and extending One's knowledge is always a goal.




No comments:

Post a Comment