by Martin Scorsese

"Have conviction of how the muse strikes you. And go there."
Martin Scorsese

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Flowers, Plants and Trees


So!  Been in the workroom a couple hours already this morning and did a couple smalls based on some photos in my bin.  I haven't even placed the painting of the succulent even close to the mandala yet and the colors may not correspond; if not, I'll have some more work to do making it more of the greens that are in the photo.  I think the poppies will work though.  The actual flowers are not really visible in this photo since the angle is weird, but I think they will be okay once I mount the canvas with the rest.

Flowers are my comfort zone:  I love them, I have painted them lots, they mean happiness to me, I don't ever think flowers or weeds are ugly, they are nature, we are connected to our plants and flowers and of course trees, they smell good, they look good, they feel good, they convey living and breathing on the earth, etc. etc.  I could go on and on about the story of flowers that is always in my head.  But, I won't.

I will take a breath and get ready to work on another landscape for September at Sutter Gallery.  Maybe after a little meditation break in the backyard, yes with my flowers, plants and trees.


No comments:

Post a Comment