by Martin Scorsese

"Have conviction of how the muse strikes you. And go there."
Martin Scorsese

Friday, August 2, 2013

Oranges and Pinks, What???

I am laughing out loud at myself again!  I just put together my pieces that will eventually be a mandala painting and I have 10 semi-completed.  How did that happen?  The last I posted were Numbers 5 and 6.  So here's the majority of the pieces together as of this morning:

The tenth small painting is on my work table drying after doing some stamping and painting work on it this morning.  I will be posting a photo of it later today.

At this point I'm questioning the orangish pigment that has taken over in a few spots.  I guess it's because I added yellow to the red that I'm mixing with white to make the pink.  When the big piece is done it may work out since I haven't incorporated anything other than my original 4 colors but we will see.  I keep going back over the completed pieces as they dry because acrylics have a tendency to change color as they get drier.

It's been a beautiful morning.  I already watered by vegetable garden, I've got tons of cherry tomatoes happening so I may possibly making my infamous gespacho next week!  It's really good with a nice little red blend that I know...yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment