by Martin Scorsese

"Have conviction of how the muse strikes you. And go there."
Martin Scorsese

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Onto Sunflowers


Well!  Here we are with my daily paintings (that I have not done daily).  I have 3 more done and they are small landscapes in which I've tried to keep within the color confines of my mandala.  I may need to go back and lighten/darken as necessary when I am finishing off the overall painting, dunno.  Then again I may like the differences in view of the necessary part of my brain that dictates to me about not being a part of the ordinary crowd.  I'm the artist and the one making the decisions...I am the Queen of Everything!!!

Here are the most recent three:

As one can see from this one laying on my work table, I am finishing off the sides as I go.

This second one is two trees, one bushy and one a more confined type...I see that I may need to take out one though...looks confusing now that I am done with it.

Third little gem is trees in the background with long weeds in the foreground while keeping the edge of the mandala in place...maybe the weeds are too dark.  I'll make this decision later.

Okay so...onto the next small.  I am wondering about a new idea for another one of these little guys.  I haven't done any flowers yet, hummmm...yellow sunflower?  Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment