by Martin Scorsese

"Have conviction of how the muse strikes you. And go there."
Martin Scorsese

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Life is A Strata Composition

So on my walk this mornin' decided to take some photos of our Preserve as I am in the process of doing some landscapes to hang at Sutter Creek Gallery in September.  This is one that I just finished.  It's a strata composition in that it contains lines of different levels that go up into the distance.


Here are a couple images of the first photos I took:



As I walked I felt the oh so wonderful feeling of freedom and contentment that I always do when I get outside.  So many strata compositions, so little time.  As I took more photos I realized strata compositions everywhere...so look at these of the golf course, even these are stratas.


 As I walked back to our neighborhood, I said out loud "Life is a Strata Composition" and this was to myself since nobody else was anywhere even near to me.  So then, look at the stratas I found:



  Even the simplest walking areas are stratas.

At this point I realized Betty was in her garden clipping and having a zen moment.  We smiled to each other and she mentioned my having a zen moment with my camera and I agreed with her that I was, in fact, having a zen experience explaining to her strata composition being a metaphor for life.  As we live life through the years our experiences, events, moments of questions, choices, answers, loves, hates, the goods and the bads, create layers to our lives...Layers as in a strata composition.  Betty smiled and I could see she got it, two ladies in a zen moment realizing the layers and layers that have created our beautiful strata compositions.  Wow, just decided on the title of my new series "Life is a Strata Composition"


No comments:

Post a Comment