by Martin Scorsese

"Have conviction of how the muse strikes you. And go there."
Martin Scorsese

Friday, October 5, 2012

Yay!

So took a shower, washed my hair and then was drying it and thinking how to tame the beast, beast being my hair this time.  Got out the hair straightening hot tool and began to straighten this curly, thick mass of stuff when I hear Michael Siegel saying to me "finish your brush stroke."  What the...WELL, at one of the painting workshops this year, the Master instructor went to the extreme trouble to explain a brush stroke which begins, with lots of paint on the brush,  deliberately on the canvas and ends when you want the paint to end, deliberately, not wimpily.  Do not take the brush away early for a scrapey appearance.

And that's how to do my hair!  Begin the tool at the spot where one wants the straightening to occur, and do not pull away until the ends are straightened also.  I was pulling my tool away too soon thereby not calming the ends of my hair enough for a smooth outcome.  No wonder my hair was smooth at the scalp and the ends were sticking up all loosey-goosey.

Voila!  And now I'm clear on both issues.  Yayyyyyyy!

No comments:

Post a Comment