by Martin Scorsese

"Have conviction of how the muse strikes you. And go there."
Martin Scorsese

Thursday, October 4, 2012

In My Head Today

Oh no, look what happened to Sister Golden Hair.


It now has a layer of paint, matte medium, some tissue paper and some copy paper with a grid in black ink.  I also did some lifting of paint where I could letting some of the underneath layers show through.  Now I'm waiting for it to dry so that I can decide how this will evolve.  I have been looking at this golden haired floosy for too long and finally decided the canvas needs to have something more meaningful on it, the gold is coming through the orange I placed on top of it and some of the red and blue too.  I may just find a way to express my feelings about strong, decisive women in the complements of orange and blue.  That's what is in my head anyway.

Ok, I have been holding my breath all morning and also whilst I was placing this bright orange on the canvas so maybe it's time to relax, take a walk, breathe, think.

No comments:

Post a Comment