by Martin Scorsese

"Have conviction of how the muse strikes you. And go there."
Martin Scorsese

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Wimpy to Masterful

Okay, this is the latest rendition of the piece on which I am now working.

It's difficult getting the image out of my camera to represent the piece's colors accurately.  From this image I see that my washes look too wimpy so am going to correct with some thicker, deliberate paint.  Possibly I need more stamping in these subsequent layers.  The light parts of the image is actually bronze but possibly too wimpy for the camera to pick it up.  This particular painting, since it is on wraparound canvas which is not meant to be framed, needs to be sealed with a glossy medium...or matte...dunno.  I can try both.

Okay, so here I go again.

No comments:

Post a Comment