by Martin Scorsese

"Have conviction of how the muse strikes you. And go there."
Martin Scorsese

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

A Yosemite View?

88 degrees?  It's October.  Can we get some Fall weather in here sometime soon Universe, so we can then complain about the cold weather?  Haha

In my art room today assessing what is what.


I find this little canvas I did in local color a few months back, it is from a photo that I took on one of our Yosemite trips.  I never have shown this piece because while I like it, there is something not quite adequate.  Today, I feel color might be the problem.  I've got it on my easel and am going to do some work on it and see where I can take it.  I might just hafta gesso over the whole thing and start fresh, but maybe not.

For me the joy is in the process, not in the awards and applause at the end.  HA!  And anyhoo, the joy in my little art room allows me breathing space which I know is so important...so am breathing.


No comments:

Post a Comment