by Martin Scorsese

"Have conviction of how the muse strikes you. And go there."
Martin Scorsese

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

The All Important Reflections

This is actually the second draft of the Monet's garden painting.  The top image is the photo I took a few years back. I am going to add the reflection of the bridge in the water today, possibly change the color of the water a little, and soften the edges of the shadow and make some color changes with it as it looks the same as the dark area under the trees at the top.

A friend's Dad died last night.  So my friend and I had coffee this morning (on the phone since she's in SoCal), and talked about our dads and her last week with hers.  Dads and daughters...a relationship that is the best at times, then sometimes the most devastating.  I'm very thankful for the relationship I shared with mine, the goods and the bads.

Now to get this waterscape under control...oh, I mean created.  First, outside to do a little meditation so that I can begin to breathe today.

No comments:

Post a Comment