by Martin Scorsese

"Have conviction of how the muse strikes you. And go there."
Martin Scorsese

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Go On, Cross on Over

Sometimes I like to paint a dusty, unused road or a mountain trail and recently while looking through old photos decided to paint this scene.  It's another reminder to take the road less traveled and to surround ourselves with nature with which we are soooo connected.

The reflection in the photo was really minimal which I have embellished here on the water which was a pond rather than running water.  Everybody has painted a part of Monet's garden and now I have too.

I don't think I will give the garden precedence in the title though, I will call this "Cross Over" to indicate the story I am conveying is that of exploring and just checking out new avenues of thought and experience.


No comments:

Post a Comment