by Martin Scorsese

"Have conviction of how the muse strikes you. And go there."
Martin Scorsese

Monday, July 9, 2012

Balmorhea Sounds and Creating

Began my next painting just going with my emotions listening to Balmorhea.  I got a text message from a friend, Megan, telling me about that music which is totally relaxing-- lots of piano, good feeling type sounds.  I had a few colors on my palette, was out of white so I just added a little of that and began mixing some light, sunshiney hues ending up with a kind of rainbow movement type of composition.  Eventually got a palette knife and started blobbing on some more shapes so...

at this point, I like the colors and the composition is kind of dreamy, predominantly cool with maybe 2% warm-- a good percentage in my view.  I need some green someplace more than just the right lower corner, lots more texture, the white little character face in the left lower corner needs to go away, and maybe something heavy in ground the bottom of this painting if I have it right side up which I don't really know yet.

Going to get in here early tomorrow and work some more on this...for now, I need to write in my dream book to gather myself and my dream psyche into helping me out with where I'm headed with this.  Breathe Bobbie, breathe...

No comments:

Post a Comment