by Martin Scorsese

"Have conviction of how the muse strikes you. And go there."
Martin Scorsese

Monday, July 30, 2012

Stories that I Tell

So was involved in an abstract frenzy yesterday, totally tired myself out beginning 6 paintings on paper with acrylics.  Here is a photo of 5 of them.
Disregard the right, top which is a Leroy Neiman that is on my wall.  

Got up this morning and really like these so far and a couple of them may be close to being done.  I estimate these have at least 30 layers so far, layers which incorporate different textures, stampings, washes, etc.  A couple of these need 20 more layers, hahaha!  

So far these are attempts at telling the stories from my heart; one is from my intellectual heart, one is just love of the two colors together, one is love of squares and rounds together and the story they tell, one reflects my love of cats.  

Going to Yoga now, where I am learning my breathing, myself, my esophagus, my colon, etc.  lol

No comments:

Post a Comment