by Martin Scorsese

"Have conviction of how the muse strikes you. And go there."
Martin Scorsese

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Sleep and Energy

So here's Fresh and Free after the Sahli Workshop.  I think it's done.  Anyway, I need to move on and I am happy with the freshness of the paint, the heavy texture and the colors.

I also worked on At the Ocean again this morning and I'm going to move on from it now.
I  kind of got the color on the people down a value or 2 so that the girls don't look like they are cut outs pasted onto the canvas, hopefully.

It is just so amazing how one day a person just doesn't feel like ever painting again and then the next day, One can't have that paint brush moving enough.  I think it all has to do with sleep.  When One is rested, the appetite for activity is huge and the energy comes.

Breathing easy today.


2 comments:

  1. I love oceans. When I draw I always draw an ocean or a waterfall. Hmm. I love you paintings. They are vibrant and their textures brings life to the paintings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dianna. So sorry I just saw this on my blog. I'm getting use to being on here almost everyday but it's difficult to see comments for some reason. Water is a draw for people to draw, I think. It's such an important part of the life cycle as we imbibe, then it allows us to feel humble and know the immenseness of our world when we are at the ocean. Every since I moved here I have gone home to the ocean every year just because I have to, to breathe. luvu

      Delete