by Martin Scorsese

"Have conviction of how the muse strikes you. And go there."
Martin Scorsese

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Making Art Today

So as Patris says...Make Art!  I have been in my studio working all morning, finished up a small still life "Lemons and Flowers" to the point where I actually like it.  This one I did a couple months back.  The composition was a good outline however, thee were two tomatoes, two flowers and two lemons...I only realized it after I was done painting and it bothered me.  So...today, I added another lemon and I like the composition much better.  It actually needed more work on the background and foreground so I am glad I went back and did some more work on it.

It is one that I am planning on donating to the Women Lawyers of Sacramento, an organization that has an art auction every September as their annual fundraiser.

That's all for today, going back to making art and listing to Pandora's Worldbeat Radio.

No comments:

Post a Comment