by Martin Scorsese

"Have conviction of how the muse strikes you. And go there."
Martin Scorsese

Monday, June 25, 2012

Happy Making Art

So here's a fresh canvas for a new painting.  As you can see there are remnants of a painting underneath the yellowish wash.  I worked on those ladies in that painting for about a year and never came to enjoy it or feel anything from it, sooooo here we go with a new painting.  I have no idea what it will be yet but am in the process of getting together my thoughts and dreams in order to get to work on it.  In the meantime I have done a few small changes to Lemons and Flowers.
I am also doing some work on DJ and Grandpa at the Strand.  The top just was bugging me so am dealing with that for a better feeling with the work.

Listening to Paco De Lucia's great guitar playing this morning in my home studio.  I took a break to water some of my front door plants and just felt so darn happy...happy to be alive, to love, and to make art.

No comments:

Post a Comment