by Martin Scorsese

"Have conviction of how the muse strikes you. And go there."
Martin Scorsese

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Vineyard Schminyard!

Alrighty then, working on my larger landscape of a vineyard.  Here's my second day's work on this painting.  Got my colors in and am bouncing around the canvas looking for continuity and find a lack of same as it almost looks like two paintings; the vineyard in the forefront, then the hilly background. Next time will be working on detail and adding colors everywhere to marry the forefront to the background.




Softer edges in the background will also help keep the eye forward if that is the goal, which it must be since the color is there...yes?  Wow, mulling these decisions is tiring.  Not to mention my breathing thing...holding my breath through this whole critique process is not good for the soul.

Ok, going outside to talk to the plants now.  A couple are crying out for water...I'm going to get some breathing in while I we talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment