by Martin Scorsese

"Have conviction of how the muse strikes you. And go there."
Martin Scorsese

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Breathing There Along Our Way


 I will be the Artist of the Month at Sutter Gallery in December.  That means that I will have a bigger space in the front of the whole store for that month.  These are some new paintings I have done recently so that I'll have enough and be enough.

Clear Lake Trees
"Clear Lake Trees" is my interpretation of about ten trees that were planted at the edge of the lake in a small park with tables, benches and kids' play equipment.  Jack and I were on our way to the coast for an overnight, and I took the photo when we stopped at our favorite Dairy Queen for ice cream.



These mini paintings are about 2x3" and will be priced low.  I guess I will hafta set up a table to display these, maybe with a lamp and a flower arrangement.

Minis for Gift-giving




This painting is the beginning of a large piece.  It's a trail where we live in the Preserve.  I have painted this location many times.  I know it so well and am plain and simply in love with it!  I'll be working on this for the next few days am hoping to post as I go.


Don't have a name for this last one yet.  It tells the story of nature, walking there, and breathing there along our way.

No comments:

Post a Comment