by Martin Scorsese

"Have conviction of how the muse strikes you. And go there."
Martin Scorsese

Friday, November 22, 2013

Long and Winding



This has been signed.  I love painting roads, trails, outdoor ways of going somewhere.  For me, it's escape or maybe a way to the new adventure.

 I am never happier than when I am able to control my own situation, be the leader, do my own plan and then follow through with that plan to conclusion.  If I sometimes follow another person's plan, it is my choice for that moment because it fits in to my life and I respect that person enough.

This painting is part of that story, the story of not being afraid of discovery, of taking the trail that is unknown and being open to new emotions and experiences.  Of course it's always about the journey, the long and winding journey.  Yes?

No comments:

Post a Comment